Yoyo’s Pumpkin banana breakfast cookies
- 2-3 medium mashed bananas. The browner your bananas, the sweeter your cookies will be.
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (or 1 single serving) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder, 2 T chia seeds, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, nuts, etc
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large bowel, mix the first 5 ingredients together well.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the bowel, adding the oats in last, and mix to combine.
3. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes.
4. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or scoop, make burger size patties with your hands and lay them on a nonstick shee tpan. Cookies will not spread, so lay as many as you can onto the sheet.
5. Dot the top of the cookies with chocolate chips
6. Bake for 23 minutes or when the edges are slightly golden. Baking for 23 minutes in my oven will make soft, pillowy cookies. Leaving in for an extra minute or two will result in a firmer cookie.
7. Let rest on baking sheet for 5 minute, then transfer to baking racks to cool. Cookies will keep in the refrigerator for one week.